Wednesday, August 15, 2012

OS 10.7 Lion and Citrix: 100% CPU use after upgrade

After upgrading from 10.6.8 to 10.7.4 I noticed that my battery life plummeted.  Prior to the upgrade I would be getting a solid 5 hours; after installing Lion my battery life dropped to 1:15.  Applications were also performing very poorly and the entire system seemed sluggish.

After some investigation and speaking with Apple I discovered that the problem was with the Citrix Access Gateway plug-in.  I removed it and my system instantly returned to normal.  In fact I started getting six hours of battery life so it could have been causing problems when I was on 10.6.8 too.

Citrix has acknowledged that several of their Receiver components are having problems with Lion.  HERE is a link to the Citrix page that explains the problems and offers work-arounds.


No comments: