Monday, July 4, 2016

Where is the Outlook 2016 for Mac Database?

Outlook 2016 for Mac stores its database in:

~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles/

If the application does a database rebuild, it will make a backup copy of the database and place it into the above folder.

Despite what Microsoft says, Office 2016 is just as prone to database problems as Outlook 2011.  The difference is that in Outlook 2016 there is no manual way to do a database backup- the app does them automatically. 

We have found that many users that have been moved from Office 2011 to 2016 are prompted to repair the Outlook database.  In some cases it happened so often that we had to move them back to Office 2011.

In fact, just as I was writing this my Outlook 2016 did a rebuild.  This was after a completely fresh install two days ago.  Thankfully I kept Outlook 2011; it is solid as a rock.

1 comment:

LuisRogers said...

After upgrading Outlook Mac application, I found that my OLM file was severely damaged. Then, I ran inbuilt database repair utility. But, it was not effective.
Finally, I solved this problem through Stellar Phoenix OLM Repair.